Mind the Mother
Laura Abba is a mother of 2 children, living in South London. Mind the Mother, a Maternal Mental Health service, started after seeing how mothers at some point during motherhood they feel lost and have serious struggles.
She has experienced at first hand what the strong feelings of overwhelmed can do to a family when caring for 2 young kids.
Motherhood is a game changer, reconciling a new identity can be challenging. And because we live in a society where we work in a reactive way, having the opportunity to be proactive is a benefit for the long term.
By looking after mother’s mind from the pregnancy, it means they will then have more tools to prevent or manage more proactively, feelings of overwhelmed, stress, anxiety, negative emotions, as a few examples.
The preparation to birth, starts as soon as the woman or couple decides they want to embark into working towards a better emotional and mental preparation for what it means becoming a parent. The escence of the act of giving birth, is also looked after with the hynobirthing programmes. Postnatal check after yor baby is born are complimentary of your hypnobirthing course, and is your chace to go through your birth together. The postnatal check is an emotional tool to relieve a unique time in your life.
DipCHyp, NLPP, HPD, NCH (Reg)
Cognitive Hypnotherapist & Maternal Coach
Qualifications & Professional Bodies
- Diploma in Cognitive Hypnotherapist from the international Quest Institute in London
- Certification of Coaching & Mentoring (ILM level 5) from the City & Guilds in London
- Member of the National Council for Hypnotherapy
- Member of the Quest Cognitive Hypnotherapy Professional Association (QCHPA)
- Member of CNHC Complimentary & Natural Healthcare Council
- I am also an Anxiety UK Approved Therapist providing therapeutic support to the charity’s members and partner beneficiaries. I am subject to Anxiety UK’s regular monitoring of my professional qualifications, supervision, continual professional development, insurance and professional body membership in addition to complying with the ethical framework and professional standards set down by my registered governing body.